I was unsure what to write on my blog, but words came anyway. Hooray for words coming out of nowhere! It’s a little bit funny that I have no ideas to blog about, but have zero trouble thinking up story ideas. They are everywhere, because life’s a prompt. Just this week:
- My friend’s cat ate a bunch of LEGO blocks which were perfectly recognizable on the X-ray. It was not a suicide attempt, we think. (picture book: Sad Cat went back to bed)
- I was tinkering in my shiny new bullet journal for 2020 and realized a Swan-drawing is a two, so next year is the Year of the Twin-Swan, meaning double magic, of course. (Mulan meets The swan princess in this fantasy middle grade).
- My youngest turned 9 and got a metal-detector for his birthday. We discovered a buried space ship in our tiny garden. It can also be a pipe, but that’s less cool, so it isn’t. (middle grade! Dad thinks it’s a pipe, but Simon knows it’s not)
- I went to an art –reading and discovered a break-up letter can be a work of art. Also: there have been many women who were artists and were forgotten by history (or ignored). What if there’s a secret society they belong to and they secretly recruit new talented female artists. (Ya, contemporary mystery. Da Vinci code drenched in paint.)
- I baked a lot of cupcakes and a drip cake which looked awesome, but transformed everyone at the party into the nine year old version of themselves. It turned out to be a cool party, but who is going to tell them the party is over? (creepy creepy MG)
See? Ideas are the easy part.