I’m a bit late to the resolution & goal making party online, but I finally made a list ( I like lists). Inspired by the Happier Podcast of Liz Craft and Gretchen Rubin I picked 19 goals/ideas for 2019 and I picked a one word theme for the year.
My one word theme for the year is: Imagine ! Inspired of course by the question of all questions: what if? Just imagine… What if this year I …..( insert thing that makes you incredibly happy)
And, as one does, I gave it a prominent place in my shiny new bullet journal:
Without further ado I give you my 19 for 2019. (Note to self and everybody like me: this list is not mandatory, it is supposed to bring joy and make you happier not miserable).
- Teach 8 year old to confidently ride the ‘BIG’ bike. (totally do-able)
- Make a new friend (scary thingy this one, but friends are fun, so I should give it a try)
- Get both my bikes fixed (easy one, just bring the things to the person who knows how they work, they fix them up, I’ll pay them for the effort).
- Add 3k to savings account and do not touch it (tricky, but worth a try).
- Make ALL the photo-albums
- Up Up social media game ( think twitter, insta, pinterest and website)
- Form a healthier drinking habit (maybe even not drink at all, don’t know yet.. have to figure this one out)
- FINISH NOVEL (type The End, imagine that)
- QUERY NOVEL (big ones these two)
- Start a tiny side hustle (because it sounds like a fun thing to do, and see goal number 3..)
- Able to gallop a horse (I started to learn horse riding last year, but fell a couple of times. I ride without saddle, so extra scary to gallop. But I really want to learn).
- Be a tourist in my home town. (the city I live in, Haarlem, is stunning and I should appreciate it more.)
- Go on adventures with son every other Wednesday (I’d love to have a tradition/ and who needs an excuse for adventures).
- Try to avoid talking ‘bad’ about people (well, because it’s not nice and I should stop it.)
- Tap more into love of music, go dancing, to festivals, sing, create Spotify albums.
- Start folding 1000 paper cranes (fascinating this one, isn’t it?)
- Pretty nails (my nails do not look pretty and they feel sad about it).
- Be confident in a bikini. (this does not mean losing weight, but just put the thing on and parade and whatever. Going to the beach should be fun, not stressful).
- Create a new family tradition (no clue yet, but the year’s still fresh).
I’ll check in with myself in a couple of months to see how I’m doing, but am really looking forward to these things 🙂
Now I’m going to browse the internet and look at other people’s list, because that’s fun.